Thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoy your visit and leave with a smile! Love Thea x

Wednesday, 14 March 2012

My Flower Stall~~~~~~~~~

I treated myself to this one!
Setting my stall out!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Conditioning the flowers~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ When we lived in Cornwall, I used to pick the flowers from my garden, arranged them into posies and hand-ties and sell them at the end of our drive, along with the many plants I had propagated from seed and cuttings, it was very rewarding as I used to receive lovely comments about them. Quite often I would set my stall out pop indoors for something and the flowers would all have been bought (Fin adapted an old nesting box into an honesty box for the money). Ginny my next door neighbour kept chickens, and sold her eggs at the end of her drive, so people walked up the lane especially for our wares, such an idyllic life!

12 comments:

  1. Wonderful, I would so love to do that if I lived somewhere it could be done and if I had a garden. Suzy x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Suzy glad you liked it
      Thea x

      Delete
  2. A lovely and simple idea, I always stop when I see cottage garden flowers for sale outside a house, I can't resist! I can't remember the last time I bought eggs from a supermarket!
    Have a lovely rest of the week.
    Jillx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes you are right, anything fresh is so much nicer
      Thea x

      Delete
  3. What a lovely idea - I seem to kill everything I try to grow. I am just not sure whats wrong with me!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Lily, just keep trying you will get there, I can grow plants in the garden, but I am hopeless with house plants!
      Thea x

      Delete
  4. Thea: That is exactly how I live my life (in my mind). Wish I could do it for real..Judy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Judy thank you for your kind words
      Thea x

      Delete
  5. Such beautiful flowers! I wish I could buy some! I need lots of plants in my garden now! It was often, when i lived in Holland, that I bought al lot of things outside houses. It is vey common there to sell things outside your house! When you're living on the countyside!

    Juliëtte x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Juliette you obviously love flowers as much as me!
      Thea x

      Delete
  6. I would love my own flower stall! Maybe one day...
    Enjoy Thea!
    Happy Mothers day to you too.

    Lou xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh what a lovely idea.....

    We have a few cottages near by that sell their excess eggs and apples with a small table and a honesty box ... but none with flowers. I'm sure I couldn't resist your stall if I passed by x

    Fleur xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank for your lovely messages they make my day,Thea x