Thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoy your visit and leave with a smile! Love Thea x

Monday, 5 March 2012

St Nectan's Glen

I opened my copy of Country Living and there was to my surprise was St Nectan's Glen, I thought this was a (cornish secret) sh!sh! It is so beautiful there "Mother Nature" has definitely woven her magic, a serene walk along the river, with many breathtaking places to stop and stare. The path leads to some fairly steep steps then onward to the owners garden gate where you do have to pay for entry, they provide refreshment and loos (there is also a small meditation room). From there follow a small flight of stone steps down to the waterfall, it is quite a spectacle especially if it has been raining, a very special place and I really did feel serene and at one with myself, it was a time to reflect. Some people visit for the spiritual reasons, many visit for the nature, whatever the reason it is a totally enchanted place, yes it can be muddy and slippy but it is worth the unspoilt walks. I will definitely return. Happy St Pirans Day! to all our Cornish friends.

4 comments:

  1. Ooooo that glen definately looks magical, perhaps one day I may visit it if I'm down that neck of the woods. Suzy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thea: I haven't picked up a copy of Country Living yet but I will. The spirit of Mr. and Mrs. Garland (the original owners of my Cottage) will be celebrating over stories of their homeland. Thanks, Judy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning Thea. What a beautiful, enchanted place. I will take Little Son there this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lily, How lovely, make sure you wear your wellie's then you can walk in and out of the water
      Thea x

      Delete

Thank for your lovely messages they make my day,Thea x