Thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoy your visit and leave with a smile! Love Thea x

Friday, 8 June 2012

Making Jam While The Rain Falls *~*

I looked out at the soggy wet garden and saw the rain drops falling, so I thought I would stay in and make some jam, I had some strawberries left from the weekend, so I thought I would have a go, I did not really follow a recipe as I only had a small quantity, but It turned out beautifully , I was very pleased.......................................................... But I did not stop there, I looked in the cupboards and freezer for some more fruit to carry on making more jam!... I found peaches........ A pack of frozen berries........... added pomegranate juice, fresh lemon juice and sugar... Ta Dah!! It worked I made two jars of each, the jam sandwiches are on me! and it is still raining what shall I make tomorrow? P.S. I am not sure my previous post loaded properly , we had a lovely Diamond Jubilee xx

8 comments:

  1. Ohhh how delicious Thea.
    I will definately order a jar.
    I can feel how warm and happy you are in your lovely cottage.
    The side image of your garden looks so nice.
    My daughter ,hubby and my grandaughter and a friend are spending the week in London. she lives in Lucern Switzerland. She was so dissapointed with the weather. They all bought union jack brollies..
    Strawberry jam "butty" for me please ):
    happy weekend
    val

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Thea,sounds like the perfect way to spend a rainy day.The jam looks and sounds yummy.I'd love to share a jam butty with you!Have a happy weekend,lots of love,juliexxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Strawberry Jam - looks gorgeous x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Thea, I'm going to confess all now and say I dont think I have ever made any jam! I dont know why because I love home made jam and scones.
    Looks like you had a lovely jubilee celebration and the pic of little Lette is just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ой-ой какой вкусный пост!)))

    ReplyDelete
  6. MMmm it looks lovely. Definitely need something cosy at the moment. I am seriously thinking of lighting my coal fire! Lily. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Strawberry jam is one of my favourites along with Marmalade. I love your labels and pretty floral jar tops. Definitely comfort food weather!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hmmm.... I like home made jam very much!
    A nice thing to do, when the rain is poring!
    Here we had some sunny day's, but it is going to rain next
    week!

    Juliëtte xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank for your lovely messages they make my day,Thea x