Thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoy your visit and leave with a smile! Love Thea x

Tuesday, 26 June 2012

The Well Dressing.....

Early summer is the season for Well Dressing, it is an ancient festival to say thank you for the source of local water, many villages still hold a special event to mark the occasion. So here are some pictures from one of our neighbouring villages a few days ago. A theme is chosen and the picture created from thousands of flower petals and seeds etc, this one celebrating 200 years of the author Charles Dickens. It was displayed on the village green .............There was a wonderful puppet show for the little ones... .................The best decorated hat competition..... ...............................The Morris Dancers arrived... ......................and they danced the afternoon away... ........................................Then we walked home through the woods... and had tea!!

7 comments:

  1. Hi Thea,
    I think I have read in the country life mag, about 'Well dressing'....
    What a really lovely occasion for your village!
    I love all these type of gatherings.....
    Tea and Cakes looked perfect to finish the day off too!!
    Mariax

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Thea, What a lovely celebration. I think that it is wonderful that you live a "walk through the woods" from town. In my mind living in the UK must be much like living in a fairy tale, and if it is not, please don't burst my bubble.
    Thank you for popping in to visit and for the sweet comment on my cleverness. I haven't given my granddaughters the water bottle bags yet, but will be seeing them soon. I'm glad that you like them. Have a great week, Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that traditions are kept going and what a perfect day, then a wonderful walk through the woods back to yummy cakes.....perfect!! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. A wonderful post with a bit of everything - from artistic talent to entertainment, to a beautiful woodland walk and then cake!
    June

    ReplyDelete
  5. Вы живете в сказочном месте. Так здорово, когда и взрослые становятся чуточку детьми:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Must have been a lovely day!
    And at last a walk through the woods!
    And then tea with cake!

    Juliëtte,xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely festival. I think its so important to celebrate nature and its beauty. Lily. xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank for your lovely messages they make my day,Thea x