Thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoy your visit and leave with a smile! Love Thea x

Wednesday, 11 July 2012

The Cotswolds Magic*~*

We had such a wonderful time in the Cotswolds it was difficult to leave.. When we were looking for somewhere to celebrate our 1st wedding anniversary, we very quickly came up with the Cotswolds, mainly because we wanted to visit Hidcote Garden, (I had been many years ago but Fin never has) So we started to searched for somewhere to stay on the internet. As this area is very popular and quite expensive we where not sure if we could manage it, then Fin found Dumbleton Hall ( sounded a bit Harry Potter) It looked to good to be true for the money, but we went ahead and booked it. As we drove up the long impressive drive we both looked at each other and thought surely not, we must have made a mistake.
We were so happy but totally blown away, the grand hall was beautiful and our room looked out over the croquet lawn and exstensive grounds...
We treated ourselves to afternoon tea....
Yummy!!!
The grounds were lovely....
The next day we visited Hidcote...
The house was home to an American, Lawrence Johnston who wanted to create an English garden and it has to be one of the most beautiful in the country...
Even though the days of rain we have endured had spoilt some of the roses it was stunning..
Cottage planting so pretty...
The bathing pool ( its a bit green)...
Painted inside walls of the summerhouse....
The planting combinations are so clever...
Veiws over the Vale of Evesham...
I loved the yellows and blues...
This is breathtaking a seed sown meadow...
The Cafe/Tearoom....where we shared a pot of tea... Hidcote is a truly stunning English Garden we loved it! and no rain.
Popped to Chipping Campden for a look around.. very pretty place (shame there are so many parked cars parked up and down the High Street)
The Hollyhocks looked so lovely at the front of this cottage...We then left to visit Kiftsgate Court Garden...
Again another pretty romantic garden... The garden has been looked after by three generations of lady gardeners...It drops away down a woodland slope to the lower garden and bathing pool
I loved this little blue door, it looked like a secret garden door...
The Kiftsgate Rose....
This is a new addition to the garden...before it was a old tennis court !
Beautiful views from the 1950's pool...
Such a perfect setting we just has sit for a while and take in the view....
All so much to take in we just has to share another pot of tea before we left........I just wanted to say thank you so much for all your kind words and wishes.. so very special xx

17 comments:

  1. o what a nice pictures are these wow the cotswolds looks very lovely and sweet nice hotel or hall manor youre visit next week I am off on a holiday for week to stay in uk and will visit the cotswolds too! also bath and oxford hope you had a lovely time out there and I take my camera with me because it looks so pretty hope the weather in the uk is good next week but it looks like if the weather is the same as here in holland wet wet wet and very bad maybe we have some sunshine too have a nice evening groetjes leon10

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello
      Thank you for finding me, I hope you have a wonderful trip, you are going to some lovely places, fingers X crossed the sunshines for you.
      Thea x

      Delete
  2. Hi Thea,
    What a wonderful place to celebrate your wedding anniversary! I have been wanting to go to Hidcote for a long time. I wonder if I can persuade my hubby for a weekend away too! What a shame we have just had our Anniversary! Oh well maybe next year!
    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Как красиво провели вы время:) Фотографии и ваши комментарии к ним интересны.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such wonderful photos and what a good and romantic time you had. Hidcote is a wonderful place, as are the Costwolds. There are so many wonderful places to visit in the UK. I'm looking atm for a little trip for our 2nd anniversary in September, but where to go? Of all the wonderful photos you have posted, my favourite is the meadow....so beautiful! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Thea: You are truly a Princess and the only one I know. What a place to stay. So romantic!! Perfect for a first anniversary. Those hollyhocks look just like an English doorway garden should look like. I wish I could have stowed away in your suitcase..Happy Wednesday..Judy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful photos especially the sees sown meadow - truly stunning. The Cotswolds is pretty special and those gardens you visited too. What a great way to celebrate your Anniversary.
    June

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi I just found your b.og we were in the Cotswolds last year and Hidcote was my favorite just beautiful the other garden I didn't visit chipping Camden was indeed full of cars.we loved our visit of several other gardens I am going to follow you
    Riet

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely to read you had such a lovely time.I to love Hidcote.x

    ReplyDelete
  9. What romantic places you have been visiting!
    I love your photo's!
    English gardens are one of the best in the world!

    Juliëtte xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks again, my Princess, for commenting on my post about Breast Cancer. I appreciate it so much. Saw one husband, who was walking with his wife, with a t-shirt that said, Check your Breasts, or I will!.. Happy Thursday..Judy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Thea - what a beautiful graden. I don't live that far from the Cotswolds but have never visited Hidcote. Little Son would particularly love it. The hotel is very impressive; I am glad you had such a lovely anniversary weekend. Lily. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello Thea,
    How beautiful your photo's are.
    I loved the wild seed grown meadow, I could visualise being there!
    The 1950 pool picture reminded me of the movie Attonment. (love this)
    And your fabulous hotel, well, Brides-head Revisited springs to mind!
    Loved the cream tea!!
    Thank you for your kind wishes over on mine!
    Love Mariax

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have yet to visit the Cotswold's, but seeing you photo's makes me want to go on holiday some time soon..it looks just stunning. I just love the flower gardens and the afternoon tea looks just delicious. It sounds like a wonderful get away..
    Magie x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thea, what delightful photos you have taken of all those beautiful homes and gardens the views of Hidcote..are spectacular. Your hotel Dumbleton Hall looks magnificent.
    I am sure that you both had a wonderful anniversary.
    The weather seemed to be good for you.
    I do not know the Cotswold's. Rosemary of "Where five vally's meet" lives in the cotswolds.. she too has shown some amazing photos of the area.
    I think it will be a must on my next visit to England.
    wishing you and Finn a wonderful weekend. ( thank you for your lovely comments on my post)
    hugs and best wishes
    val

    ReplyDelete
  15. Stunning photo's Thea.. so glad you had a lovely time.

    I love the cottage garden look and that meadow is gorgeous, it must have been stunning sight to see.

    Have a good weekend.
    Julie xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely photo's Thea, I'm glad you had a good time.
    Great for you too that it didn't rain...it's been more than making up for it today!!!
    All best,
    Essie x

    ReplyDelete

Thank for your lovely messages they make my day,Thea x