Thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoy your visit and leave with a smile! Love Thea x

Friday, 14 September 2012

My Childhood Books*~*



I still have a few of my childhood books although a bit battered now, this was one of my favourites
I can still remember sitting with my Daddy book in hand listening to every word, while the fire crackled and our cat Perky curled up around my feet.....
The pages have been well turned and are going brown now but I still get such a warm feeling when I look through it
Ah I've gone all gooey now..Just one more..
This was more my brothers book but I loved it as well , I wonder if it was a forerunner to Thomas the Tank Engine?




Again it is very battered but still very special

 

11 comments:

  1. I have that very same Nursery Rhymes book and remember it with fondness too!
    June

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so nice to have your childhood books!
    I have them all!
    And my daughters have read them also!

    Juliëtte xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your books and your memories.

    I have quite a lot from my childhood and especially Ladybird books some of which were presented to me at Sunday School in the 1950's! I have read them all many times and could never think of parting with them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sure looks like the forerunner for Thomas the tank engine.. My little Max goes crazy when he sees Thomas the tank engine coming on tv.
    How i wish that i had kept my childhood books. They were beautifully made in those days, they were magicical.
    thank you Thea for sharing.
    wishing you a happy weekend
    val xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was lovely, very special. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw Thea, I love old children's books! He definitely has a look of Thomas to me!

    Have a lovely weekend!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I still have a few books from my childhood, the Susan books in particular by Jane Shaw were my favourites. In fact I have quite a lot of my old toys too, I'll never be able to part with them but of course they wont mean anything to anyone but me so no doubt will get chucked out when I'm no longer here!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think we must have had a copy of the top book, it looks very familiar :D I love reminiscing over old books ... my mother recently found our now very dilapidated copy of The Little Wooden Horse ... I adored that book.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for sharing your lovely book. I love the pictures. I've kept some of my old books and lots of my boys! Maggie xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. How nice those old childrenbooks!
    What a lovely drawings!
    They must be special for you!
    greetings Fleur

    ReplyDelete
  11. That really does look like Thomas the Tank Engine! Love those vintage illustrations.
    Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger

    ReplyDelete

Thank for your lovely messages they make my day,Thea x