Thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoy your visit and leave with a smile! Love Thea x

Saturday, 27 October 2012

Birthday Nostalgia at the Seaside*~*

 
As it was my Birthday on Thursday, Fin had arranged to take me to Broadstairs on the Kent coast for a few days. It is a very special place for me as it was the my seaside holiday resort when I was tiny. Every summer for two weeks my bucket and spade, paper flags and jelly shoes were dug out of the garage and packed in my Dad's car, along with the cases and picnic basket and my Mum's lally bag ( not sure why she called it lally bag but she kept absolutely everything in it even a wet flannel!)
 
 
We stayed in a lovely sea front hotel, and as soon as we arrived I could not wait to explore my old haunts,
 
 
 
I found the old guest house where we used to stay ( now made into flats )
 

The pretty cottage opposite the guest house and beyond the secret garden where I used to play
 
 
The harbour in Viking bay....
 
Views from the harbour and our hotel...
 
Bleak house rising above the town....
 
 
 
 
Woke up to a wonderful pile of prezzies, I felt very spoilt..
 
 
 
The ice cream parlour where I had so many happy times with my Dad who always treated me to a special treat, ( I was so surprised it is still here)
 
 
 
It had not changed at all still had the 1950s decor inside...
 
 
 
 
 
So what did we do. well we ordered two Knickerbockerglory's..well it was my Birthday!
 
 
The hotel was very sweet and presented me with this... 
 
 
Back home now and the cards are up...
 
 
The boots and hat that Fin gave me,,,, thank you so much Thea x

14 comments:

  1. Happy birthday Thea! Such a good idea to celebrate it the way you did. Broadstairs looks like a lovely seaside town. Your hat and shoes look great!

    Have a lovely weekend!

    Madelief x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday, Thea - I haven't been to Broadstairs since I was little even though I live along the coast in Sussex. What a lovely way to spend your birthday. Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday! Boardstairs looks like a fab place, I'd love to visit one day! What a great birthday! Ada :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a lovely post Thea.
    A happy birthday to you.. wishing you lots more.
    How great that you visited your old seaside holiday town..
    The weather doesnt look as if it was too bad.
    i love the cottage where you used to play.
    Nice present from Fin, and those knickerbokers look divine.
    happy sunday
    val x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful way to spend your birthday! Glad you had a fabulous time.
    Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Thea,A very happy birthday! What a wonderful birthday treat to go back to Broadstairs,thanks for sharing your special days..
    Love the knickerbocker glories and the plate the hotel presented you is so sweet :)
    Lovely giftys from hubby :)
    Happy week lovely Xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello,lovely Thea,
    Many belated Birthday wishes to You *****
    Ooh love the ice cream parlour!
    What a lovely birthday treat for you and Fin, to get away and enjoy memories from your younger years.
    I couldn't help but notice the beautiful picture behind your cards, Soo enchanting!!
    love Maria x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Maria
      My picture was inherited from my Grandpa, from his home in London,
      It is called "Adoration" It always inspires me as it overflows with a mothers love for her children, you are right it is enchanting. (can you beleive no one else in the "family" wanted it)
      Thank you for you lovely words
      Thea x

      Delete
  8. A belated happy birthday Thea, and such a lovely post! Glad that the Broadstairs of your childhood hasn't changed too much ... The ice-cream parlour looks fabulous ... and those knickerbocker glories!!

    Have a super Sunday!

    Love, Claire xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Belated Happy Birthday wishes to you Thea,looks like you had a lovely time away and lovely presents.Love Jill xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy belated birthnday. What a lovely treat that was full of memories.It looks like you had a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dear Thea,
    Belated Birthday wishes. I love your boots and hat! They're great.
    June

    ReplyDelete
  12. A belated Happy Birthday to you and what a treat for you....all of it! We both have special men now in our lives xox

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thea, I have missed you for awhile. Happy belated birthday. It looks like you had such a good time visiting your old haunts. I wish I could have one of those Knickerbocker things! they look so good. This is a time of year for memories, it seems. You mentioned your dad and I will be posting about my dad, on that which would have been his 100th birthday on Nov. 1..Looks like Fin had something special for his bride.. Happpy Monday..Judy

    ReplyDelete

Thank for your lovely messages they make my day,Thea x