Thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoy your visit and leave with a smile! Love Thea x

Thursday, 20 December 2012

Making a Wreath for My Door *~*


I  try to make a wreath for the front door each Christmas but I don't always have the time.... but this year I was determined


A wreath I made for our 'bothy' door when we lived in Cornwall (a few years ago now)




I should have done the ' greening up' outside but I got so cold after collecting the foliage I decided to move into the warm kitchen....It is so much easier to use a foam ring rather than pinning moss to a wire frame  (although I do love the rustic look you get from using moss)





I have many decorations and embellishments to choose from (from my florist days)  I really must sit down and sort them out after Christmas..at the moment they are all stuffed in a box in the garage



I decided to use gold this year






Special Christmas Wishes xx

11 comments:

  1. Beautiful, beautiful, wreaths Thea.
    I really love the natural type of foliage, in a Christmas wreath....I made my garlands on my fire place ,many moons ago, when I worked in wedding planning, creating, wreaths and swags for the bride.
    Isn't it lovely and satisfying to create some thing beautiful , from the heart..
    Sending you glad tidings of the season as always...
    love Maria x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful Christmas wreath..
    You have made it look so lovely Thea.
    val xx
    Happy Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Thea: That is really such a pretty wreath. I think the "real" thing is so much nicer, but I have never made one totally from fresh foliage. I usually do faux and then stick holly from our garden in. I miss the wonderful smells too. Thank you, Thea, for leaving me such warm comments. I wish you and your Finn and family a very wonderful Christmas..Happy Thursday..Judy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its really beautiful Thea. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh what a beauty! she is very pretty thats an eyecatcher on youre door! so lovely greethings leon10

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've made a beautiful wreath! I had in mind to make a wreath to myself also, but I think it will be next year... It always looks so christmassy on the frontdoor!

    xx Margriet

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's beautiful! Have a lovely Christmas! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have made a beautiful Christmas wreath!
    Love de gold decorations!

    Kisses, Juliëtte

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your Christmas wreath is beautiful, you can see that it has been made with an experienced hand. Thank you for all the comments you have left me it has been a pleasure to pop over and visit you too. Wishing you and your family a very Happy Christmas.
    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your door wreath is lovely! Have a wonderful Christmas.
    Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous wreath! You are a very talented lady. Best wishes, Pj x

    ReplyDelete

Thank for your lovely messages they make my day,Thea x