Thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoy your visit and leave with a smile! Love Thea x

Sunday, 13 January 2013

A Sunday Winter Walk *~*

As the sun was shinning this morning ..Fin and I decided to visit our local reservoir for a winter's walk...

Frozen water ...so still .. caught in a moment in time

Frozen ground as hard as iron...

A path to nowhere ...

Winter rays trying to peep through...

Bare trees reflecting in the water...


Everything is sleeping....

Mist rolls in as the watery sun peeps out...


Clouds reflecting ....

A special place...

Squirrel Nutkin...

Mossy walls....

Time to walk back to the car now...where a flask of tea awaits...



And a skinny cranberry cupcake.. yummy!

Thank you for sharing my walk  .... A big hello and welcome to my new followers ..
Stay warm and cosy my friends Thea x

12 comments:

  1. I love winter walks Thea, as long as you wrap up warm its so exhilarating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful walk you made Thea. Such a good idea to bring tea and a cupcake. It's cold in Holland as well, but the blue skies are worth it!

    Have a lovely evening!

    Madelief x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for taking us on such a beautiful walk. It felt so much colder down here today too, it's nice to have a break from the rain! Your cake looks so yummy!
    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely walk but you kept the best till last - tea and cake!
    June

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful place to walk. We also took the opportunity to walk in the sunshine today, before the arrival of any snow. Bet wishes, Pj x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful, atmospheric pictures Thea, very impressed that you captured Squirrel Nutkin. Lovely post

    Claire xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. How lovely, and a good idea to take the flask and cake :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a perfect place for a winters walk and you were lucky with the sun. Its been raining here in Sussex for days but this morning we awoke to snow which is much nicer. Hope you have a lovely week. Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the photo's from your winter walk!

    Kisses, Juliëtte

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Thea - my name is Portia and I have just come across your beautiful blog. Thank you for sharing your beautiful life. I love your photos they remind me of the Lake District where I live. I am just starting my own blog, bit of work to do yet before it is up and running. You are a wonderful inspiration to a new blogger!!!

    Thank you again - delighted to have found you as a blogging friend.

    Take care
    Portia xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Portia
      Thank you for your kind words, you are very welcome, I look forward to reading your blog, the Lake District is a wonderful place
      Stay Warm
      Thea x

      Delete

Thank for your lovely messages they make my day,Thea x