Thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoy your visit and leave with a smile! Love Thea x

Saturday, 17 August 2013

My Secret Devon and Cornwall *~*

We started our trip in Devon ( Fin had some work to do so I tagged along).. the bullrushes growing on the edge of the pond in the grounds of the hotel where we stayed


The  muddy river Taw ( it had rained the day before we arrived) ran along the bottom of the hotel's private grounds, it was such a haven of wildlife, we saw Otter footprints but alas did not spot one..



Such a beautiful spot...

Stopped off for a pub lunch....
The pub over looked the river Exe




Tea is served with Devon fudge....



We could have sat there all day, listening and watching the water washing past...

Drove across the "border" into Cornwall  the heat was rising ...Looking across to Tintagel

Then spent the afternoon in a very special place ..St Nectans Glen



Cairns built by people who care..



Fin and I love this place it is very special to us..

people tie clouties to remember loved ones

The next day we drove further down near to where we used to live..



You can just about see the water wheel turning among the lush greenery..
After sharing a lovely pot of tea and cake we crossed the lane and walked the secret valley...

 

To Pendower beach...

Left our shoes and bags on the beach and ran into the sea for a paddle...



A secret beach ...where we spent the afternoon


Back along the Valley and then on with our trip...

Now how could we not stay at our special hotel where we got married,,



Not the wedding suite but still a lovely room..

Spent the afternoon enjoying afternoon tea looking out over the estuary..
 Views from our hotel..

We had a wonderful trip and I hope you enjoyed a peep into the quieter side of  Cornwall

Thank you for all you kind words...I am off to catch up on all your lovely blogs...
Love Thea xx
 

20 comments:

  1. I love the quieter side of anywhere and that first part of your post brought back some happy memories of a holiday I had with hubs before he became hubs! Thanks for taking me along on the your trip, it was lovely. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh I am glad you enjoyed it xx

      Delete
  2. Hello Thea. I'm so glad to be catching up with you again. It seems that in this blogland we don't always make the connections that we would like, but will enjoy when we can. What a wonderful trip you had. You seem to always find the best places to visit and I am so happy when I get to go too!! I would love to take tea in your wonderful secret places. Maybe someday..Happy Weekend..Judy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Judy..that would be lovely afternoon tea together xx

      Delete
  3. ~ Thea, how lovely! Your photographs capture the magic of this very special time away from the fast lane'of life....I have been to Cornwall many moons ago and fell in love too!~ Thea I loved the concept of 'clouties', but wonder could you tell us more, as I haven't heard of this before! ~ Thank you for sharing with us all! hugs and summer kisses **** Maria x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello lovely busy bee...clouties are special thoughts or wishes made by tying usually fabric to a 'sacred tree' they are often growing by water or wells, it is a very old celtic tradition, that has survived,I find it very poignant, there are many sites in Cornwall and probably many more elsewhere.. happy week Thea xx

      Delete
  4. What beautiful places, off the beaten track and away from the crowds of tourists ... A perfect break, Thea, and a romantic, nostalgic one too!

    Have a lovely Sunday

    Love Claire xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Thea, what a lovely post I felt like I was there with you, that is my kind of trip all quiet and beautiful. Love Jill xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Thea,

    Beautiful holiday photographs! Is that Fowey on the photographs? It does look a bit like it. We visited Fowey years ago, when our daughters were still young. We loved it!

    Happy new week!

    Madelief x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is Fowey, taken from the hotel and high up from St Catherine's Point, It is where we got married..Thea xx

      Delete
  7. Welcome back Thea.Looks like you had a wonderful trip. We are counting the days down now to our trip away, just over two weeks.I cant wait! I hope you feel completely relaxed and chilled now!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for showing us around in Devon and Cornwall. You visited lovely places. When I see the photos I want to go there again, actually we already have spent 3 holidays in Devon, Dartmoor, and Cornwall. For me England is my most favourite holiday country. Love the gardens, rolling hills, public footpaths, horses, sheep and sheepdogs.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So beautiful, what a lovely time you had! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  10. These lovely photos have brought back memories. We stayed at the Lower Mill in a holiday cottage a few years ago and visited Melinsey Mill for tea and cakes several times. Its such a beautiful part of Cornwall and I am so glad you had a lovely time revisiting. Karen xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh Karen I know it well, glad you enjoyed reliving your holiday, it is such a special place xx

      Delete
  11. Hi Thea - that looks so lovely...I could do with a spot of that!

    Happy holidays,

    Nina x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just wanted to say Hello, you have a really sweet blog and I look forward to joining you and following your journey. I adore Cornwall and have just spent a few days down there myself with my family Mevagissy is my favourite ;-) Loved seeing your photo's. Have a lovely weekend, dee x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Dee
      You are very welcome, I am glad to hear you enjoyed your holiday, I love Mev too, we used to live close by
      Thea xx

      Delete
  13. Just calling in to say Hi and thanks for the message on my blog. Love your new header is it somewhere in your lovely home? Love Jill xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah..thank you Jill, yes its a photo of my bedroom xx

      Delete

Thank for your lovely messages they make my day,Thea x