Thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoy your visit and leave with a smile! Love Thea x

Wednesday, 30 October 2013

Autumn at her best *~*

Last Sunday Fin and I decided we needed some air and although there was rain forecast we pulled on our boots ( my posh ones ) and walked to our local woods ...
The golden leaves were falling in the blustery winds...
Magic toadstools growing under the trees..

In the shelter of the undergrowth the trees are still wearing their green skirts...
The woodland floor is a carpet of brown crispy leaves, acorns and nuts...
I love watching the fluttering leaves dancing ....
The weir was in full flow...
I could not resist a little paddle in my new boots...
Time to walk home now..
Afternoon tea beckons us, with a yummy piece of birthday cake!!

I bought a little bit of autumn home with me, and displayed it with these pumpkin baubles that I found a C shop ....
I picked a few seed heads and faded flowers from the garden....

Then as the evening light faded Fin poured us both a lovely glass ....It was a wonderful Sunday filled with simple pleasures....

Halloween Blessings ! My friends thinking of you all past and present... Thea xx

15 comments:

  1. There's nothing like a walk in the woods on a lovely Autumn day, is there Thea? I love the colours in your pics, and those baubles really suit the mood ... a bauble's not just for Christmas!

    Cake and a cup of tea is a lovely welcoming sight after a long walk, and the glass of wine is a delightful end to a perfect day. Thanks for taking us with you, Thea!

    Love from Claire xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful walk and I really like your autumn finds...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such lovely photographs - and decorations! You have perfectly captured the beauty of Autumn ... and that cake looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Autumn really is spectacular isn't it, love a good walk followed by a lovely cuppa! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks a lovely autumn walk Thea. Its lovely to walk among the trees, kicking through the leaves and appreciating nature's lovely colours. I Love the colours of your pumpkin baubles. They do make a lovely display.
    And you cant beat a nice cuppa and a piece of cake, especially birthday cake!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful walk Thea. I love your autumn decorations and your cake looks scrummy! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. A beautiful time of year x

    ReplyDelete
  8. A perfect autumn day for you, from start to finish! Thank you for sharing! Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Autumn is such a beautiful cosy time, Mother nature decorates the countryside so well. I hope you felt better after your paddle and your cosy tea and cake - sounds like a perfect day.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your description of the trees, and great photos! X

    ReplyDelete
  11. A beautiful walk. I love your idea of putting green Christmas baubles with leaves for an autumn display. I have the same decorations, but hadn't thought to use them at this time of year. Best wishes, Pj x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dear Thea,
    I am so in love with your new wellies.. they are so so smart.
    Your walk looked peaceful. A very nice area.
    lovely decorations for Autumn.
    That birthday cake sure looks yummi
    nice post.
    happy thursday. val x

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a lovely walk - bet those wellies were comfy. I love your cs baubles too they are such a lovely shade of green. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank for your lovely messages they make my day,Thea x