Thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoy your visit and leave with a smile! Love Thea x

Wednesday, 26 February 2014

Fallen Trees...*~*

Sunday was a bit of a dull day but dry! so Fin and I decided to go for a walk in our local woods...I love this view, the sound of the water is just magical..
A bit further on this is what we saw....totally shocked at the devastation.... many trees had been uprooted by the recent gales...
huge trees had been damaged and blown down....
The tree surgeons had been in to tidy up...
Trees split in half by angry winds...
We must have counted at least a dozen trees blown down..we were so lucky as we only live 5 minutes away from here
So when we returned home Fin put up two more bird boxes in the garden.. this one is in the privet hedge
And this one in the front garden on the holly tree...
We already have one attached  the garden room ....
And the fourth high up in the Conifer...so hopefully they will help the birds that have lost their trees..
Thea xx

5 comments:

  1. I always feel so sad when I see trees blown down. Its a lovely gesture to put up some more boxes for the little birds. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is wonderful that you have thought of the birds. I'm sure there really are a lot of birds who have lost their homes all over the Uk. I was watching the scenes of the devastation on BBC World News ... not nice! Everytime I come home I make a beeline for a decent walk in the woods and the sound of the brook seems to welcome me back :-)

    Thoroughly enjoyed these photos thanks for sharing!

    keep well

    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is a wonderful gesture you and your husband did for the birds, xoxo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Thea :-)

    Thank you very much for the follow.

    I can't remember a winter like this one for losing trees, especially beech but then I guess their roots are that much shallower. Love your bird boxes :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my.....such a shame that the trees got damaged.
    But the birds have such a good friend!

    Kisses, Juliëtte

    ReplyDelete

Thank for your lovely messages they make my day,Thea x