Thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoy your visit and leave with a smile! Love Thea x

Monday, 24 February 2014

Such Kindness...*~*

A few weeks ago I spotted an "old friend" on Jenny's wonderful blog http://thecustards.blogspot.co.uk he was my childhood egg cup...
An Easter present given to me as a tiny child.....lost long ago
So as you can imagine how I squealed with delight when I spotted him on one of Jenny's post's...
I  left her a comment saying how special it had been to see him again...
Then out of the blue Jenny contacted me and asked me if I would like him...she wanted him to go to a good home...bless her

So when the little parcel arrived you can imagine my delight ...I did not open it straight away as I had to psych myself up to meeting "My" piggy eggcup again...
I squealed again with delight at the sight of him, he took me right back to my family home in Kent and the old  kitchen table where we used to sit for our meals...

I can still see him proudly holding a little Easter egg all wrapped in cellophane
and of course when the chocolate egg had "disappeared" he always had the honour of holding my breakfast boiled eggs...
But as you can see Jenny not only sent me the piggy, but also some very pretty spring gifts and a little egg spoon..
Such kindness from a very sweet lady....Thank you so much Jenny "Custard"... Thea xx

16 comments:

  1. Aw that is such a sweet thing to do. How nice to have a childhood memory come back to life again in such an unexpected way. He's come just in time for Easter too ;) Wendy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. How lovely! I'm sure I had a little pink piggy eggcup and my brother had a yellow bunny - wish I knew where they were now! What a lovely act of kindness - I'm sure piggy will love his new home x Jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. That Mrs Custard is one special lady, enjoy your boiled eggs! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely gesture! Just imagine if it really IS your original eggcup ... you will never know ...
    M x

    ReplyDelete
  5. How wonderful! Absolute kindness, a treasure! Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jenny's one of the kindest people I know. Jenny not only made me the most gorgeous purse I've ever owned she wouldn't take a single penny for it....how kind is that. Your egg cup is lovely x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is a very kind lady..Fin always says there are "givers and takers" in this world...Jenny is definitely a giver.. so so kind
      Thea x

      Delete
  7. How wonderful for Jenny to reunite you with an old friend! Will you be eating lots of boiled and chocolate eggs now? Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think It will be boiled eggs ...funny but I still always have a boiled egg for breakfast at the weekend
      Thea x

      Delete
  8. That is one in a million find Thea. How wonderful.
    I am sure that you have already had your boiled egg in it!
    What lovely little gifts along with -the piggy egg cup.
    very happy for you Thea.
    val xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a very kind lady....maybe it was your egg cup, you never know!
    Caroline xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aw, what a lovely lady Jenny is, such a kind gesture, but glad you're reunited with Piggy!

    Love Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I had little wooden serviette ring as a child and found it again last week whilst clearing out the loft at my old family home. What a joy to have it again, so I can appreciate how happy you are to have your sweet little egg-cup back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How special to find your serviette ring
      Thea xx

      Delete
  12. What a lovely thing for Jenny to do. I can just imagine the delight you felt opening your special package. I hope you enjoy using your little egg cup and spoon for many years to come.

    ReplyDelete

Thank for your lovely messages they make my day,Thea x