Thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoy your visit and leave with a smile! Love Thea x

Thursday, 13 March 2014

My Day With Lovely "Rosey Maria"..*~*

Last week Fin told my that he may be visiting a job up in Cumbria near where Maria of http://roseytintedspectacles.blogspot.co.uk  lives..
So with very little time to spare I contacted Maria straight away to see if we could meet...
She was so sweet and happily said that I would be very welcome
Yesterday was a lovely spring day and Fin dropped me off at Maria's beautiful Victorian home (similar to the one  in the photo)
As I walked up the steps her sweet little cats were sunning themselves in the sunshine...and then Maria appeared ..honestly it was just like meeting an old friend...

Maria had her Rosey teapot ready and she poured me a cup of tea as I sat in her stunning Victorian kitchen full of prettiness 

We just chatted as if we had known each other forever....We spoke about just absolutely everything including blogging and agreed just how many lovely people are out there (yes that's you)

Maria made me lunch and we sat in her sunlit front room ..her home is so welcoming it wraps its arms around you, full of beautiful things and love
After lunch we walked into town, it was such a lovely spring day...
and we popped into Bumble Bee at the Hive where Maria works...
A little shop full of prettiness I could not help myself ...
and bought a Maileg bunny... a new big sister

...after shopping we stopped for afternoon tea before saying farewell
Thank you so much Maria I had a wonderful day and if you are ever down my way my tea pot will be ready with her cosy on too! ...Thea xx
PS thank you so much for the pretty gifts xx
( the first 7 photos have been sourced from Google as we chatted so much I forgot to take any photos)
Thea xx

21 comments:

  1. Oh it looks like a wonderful day - and sounds exactly as I imagine Maria's home to be. So often people who don't blog wonder how it is possible to build up such strong bonds with people you haven't met - I think this proves the case perfectly. Lovely x Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw glad you both had a lovely day Thea ...Maria's home is lovely and she makes lovely lunches too!

    Thank you for popping over to mine and for your kind words, you' re always welcome!

    Love Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovly visit. It sounds like you had a wonderful time !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How wonderful to have the chance to meet Maria and visit her lovely home and shop. It was good for you to take us along too! Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a lovely day out and a very nice home and a very cosy tea and chat helps to have such a lovely day wonderful have a nice weekend leon10

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow, it looks like an amazing day. I would love to work in that shop!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How wonderful to have met up with Maria - sound like you had a lovely time. Best wishes, Pj x

    ReplyDelete
  8. So wonderful to meet a blogfriend!
    Blogfriends are often real friends!

    Kisses, Juliëtte

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like you had a lovely day out.. I love the new big sister you bought :o) x

    ReplyDelete
  10. How very lovely for two link minded souls to finally meet in person and have such a wonderful time. It sounds like it was the perfect day!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like the perfect day and how wonderful you could meet up! You two souls are very similar and I'm not surprised you get on so well! I always think both your blogs (which are two of my favourites) are so alike in many ways, both full of lovely, things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Anne thank you that is so sweet thank you...It would be so lovely if we could "all" get together one day
      Thea xx

      Delete
  12. Good morning, me lovely! We had a lovely day, Thea...I knew we wouldn't stop chatting...hehe! My computer is being a 'silly billy' today with posting photographs so you know who I will need to help!!.....Thank you for this beautiful post and I will be posting mine ASAP...When Miss Olivia returns.......Wishing you a weekend as lovely as you are...Hugs and kisses Maria x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Maria..there must be something in the air, my laptop packed up altogether! yesterday , so I am using Fin's old one ( it is so slow)
      Have a lovely weekend
      Thea xx

      Delete
  13. Such a wonderful day for you Thea. To meet dear Maria. Sit next to each other and chat away.
    I can imagine her house full of all sorts of lovely things.
    Great that you got to see where she works.
    love your new little bunny.
    I also adore the little mouse you made for Maria..
    please tell me how I could order one.. i love it.
    You will have lots of lovely memories to remember.
    Super photos of you both.
    Happy Sunday Thea.
    val xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Val
      You are very kind ( I made Maria a little cat) we had such a lovely day
      Happy Week
      Thea xx

      Delete
  14. I read Maria's post earlier this evening! Such fun to meet each other! I met a blogfriend yesterday too. We chatted for hours, like the two of you :-). Maria looks beautiful on the photo's!

    Happy week ahead!

    Madelief x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh how lovely to meet up with blogging friends, sounds just a perfect day.xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello Thea ...sounds like a perfect day with Maria ...love your photos and your blog ! Not surprised you could not resist the Maileg bunny they are just so adorable !
    Gail x

    ReplyDelete
  17. It's so lovely that the internet has provided us with a medium in which to share beautiful images, places and people.

    ReplyDelete
  18. How lovely! Proof that blogland is a very positive force for good!

    ReplyDelete

Thank for your lovely messages they make my day,Thea x